POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Comments on an idea for a new plugin: Copy/Paste/Save Transform : Comments on an idea for a new plugin: Copy/Paste/Save Transform Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:37:55 EDT (-0400)
  Comments on an idea for a new plugin: Copy/Paste/Save Transform
From: Neil Kolban
Date: 30 Dec 2004 19:38:00
Message: <41d49f68$1@news.povray.org>
Folks,
I have about completed a new plugin that I built for my usage.  I am posting
here to see if there is broader interest and, if so, I'll package for
distribution.

The idea is based on the fact that I a apply an object in a Moray scene and
then either need to:

1. Apply the transforms of that object to another object
2. Clear the transforms on my object, do some *work* with it and then
re-apply the original transforms

What I have created are some new menu items for Moray ... these are:

o Copy Transform - Saves the transform of the currently selected object in a
clipboard
o Paste Transform - Pastes a previously copied set of transforms to the
currently selected object
o Save Transform - Saves the transform in a list of transforms and returns a
transform ID via a popup box
o View Transforms - Views the previously saved transforms and allows me to
select one as the current clipboard transform for a subsequent "Paste
Transform" operation.

Again, I don't know if there is broader use for this than just me.  Comments
welcome.

Neil